Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing only splash screen

Discussion in 'Vu+ Duo2 Black Hole Images' started by Alexwilmac, Feb 23, 2015.

1. lucaxx88

lucaxx88 Vu+ User

Yes and not work.

I try also on a Vu + zero but nothing...(it's different on zero?)

2. -=DREAMCS=-

-=DREAMCS=- Vu+ Newbie

how can v change it in VU+zero

3. bsod

bsod Vu+ Newbie

Probably way too late, but make sure the filename is in lowercase. Unix differentiates between upper and lowercase filenames, so Splash_cfe_auto.bin is NOT the same as spash_cfe_auto.bin.

Craig

4. Alexwilmac

Alexwilmac BH Lover

Some months ago I had changed my splash screen and I'm almost sure I used not a 720x576 .bmp file but a larger one.
    Afterwards I installed in flash BH and this replaced the splash screen.
    Now I wanted to put back that splash screen but it seems I can use only a 720x576 (or 720x480) file but the result is obviously a scaled image. Maybe it's me to be wrong, but I remembered that that splash was sharper.
    Is it possible to use a more defined file?

5. raboha

raboha Vu+ Newbie

i hve this probleme in zero 4k
    SPLASH: Old format file in flash. Use splash_create_flash_file to create newer format
    Loaded BMP: W=1920 H=1080
    ))))))))))))))))))
    how i can do it ?

6. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

How to make and change the splash screen!

1- first you need a picture in .bmp format (picture.bmp).
    2- it has to be in format 720x480 and 24 bit.
    3- if we have it, it's need to be renamed to splash_cfe_auto.bin
    (just rename* the picture.bmp in to splash_cfe_auto.bin) (like this is wrong: splash_cfe_auto.bin.bmp)

If you have trouble renaming because of Windows dont show file extension name just use Filezilla to rename

3- copy the file to an empty USB stick FAT32 formatted in the following folder, depending on the box:
    /vuplus/your box/
    (example: /vuplus/solose/splash_cfe_auto.bin)

4-now you can flash it on your box - the same way, like you are flashing images

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019
    raboha and Gold_66 like this.
  7. Gold_66

Gold_66 Vu+ User

Thanks for this helpful post, I think it should be made sticky somewhere on the front page.
    Just one little suggestion though, yellow fonts are almost unreadable when using white theme as seen in the attached pic, unless the complete sentence has been selected with mouse.
    Preferably blue, or any other color would be fine to highlight some parts. ;)

yellow.jpg

8. Thomas67

Thomas67 Vip

Sorry i am using default skin of the forum and that is black and grey where yellow looks good ;)

But i have taken notice and will not use yellow any more :)

raboha, nunigaia and Gold_66 like this.
  9. nunigaia

nunigaia Moderator

I have edited Thomas67 post --> https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/changing-only-splash-screen.21397/page-2#post-259134, now i think is full readable :)

best regards
    nunigaia

Thomas67 and Gold_66 like this.